Anyone else matcha obsessed?! Green might not be the color of February, but it sure fits right in with this heart-topped Matcha Pudding Tart. The raspberries add a nice dimension of flavor, and a great contrasting color. Check out the recipe below!
Matcha Pudding Filling
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1-1.5 Tbsp Matcha, to taste
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbsp Water, cold, as needed
- 1 cup Raspberries, washed and completely dried
- Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling
Prepare Pastry Filling
- Whisk all ingredients together and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened. 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on filling, pushing down and smoothing so that pastry filling is completely covered.
- Keep in refrigerator for a couple hours or until cool.
Make Tart Shell
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Add egg, and a little bit of the water at a time, and pulse until dough starts to form.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to an 12 inch circle, then press into a 9″ inch (1.5″ deep) fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Evening out the dough and pressing up to the top edges of the pan.
- Cover with foil, fill with pie weights and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove weights and foil, and cool on a wire rack before filling.
- Lastly, assemble once the shell is cool. Take filling out of refrigerator, discard plastic, and aggressively stir to loosen. Fill and smooth into tart shell.
- Top with raspberries in a heart design.. Once completely covered, dust with powdered sugar. Remove sides and bottom of the tart pan.
- Serve immediately. Keep leftovers in refrigerator and enjoy!!