Another Mom Uptown Recipe for you! This time, you can finish off your evening (or even start your day) with a Blueberry Pudding Tart. This recipe combines pretty much all of my favorite things–a sugar cookie-like pastry shell, a thick vanilla pudding, and blueberries! Top it all off with a hint of lemon and a dusting of powdered sugar and you have dessert perfection! This is also a great option for busy moms, as the dessert can really be put together ahead of time and in three stages. Make the pudding earlier in the day (or even the day before), then focus on the tart shell, and assemble before serving for an impressive dessert that is EXTREMELY manageable! Enjoy!
How to make it an A+: This dessert is a hodgepodge of my favorite things, so obviously I love it, but welcome any feedback!
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c Fresh Dairies Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tart shell
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 c blueberries, washed and completely dried
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
Prepare Pastry Filling
- . Whisk all ingredients together and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened. 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on filling, pushing down and smoothing so that pastry filling is completely covered.
- Keep in refrigerator for a couple hours or until cool.
Make Tart Shell
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until dough starts to form.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to an 12 inch circle, then press into a 9″ inch (1.5″ deep) fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Evening out the dough and pressing up to the top edges of the pan.
- Cover with foil, will with pie weights and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove weights and foil, cool on a wire rack before removing from sides of pan and base.
- Lastly, assemble once the shell is cool. Take filling out of refrigerator, discard plastic, and aggressively stir to loosen. Fill and smooth into tart shell.
- Top with blueberries, creating concentric circles, beginning with the crust edge. Once completely covered, sprinkle lemon zest overtop, then dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately. Keep leftovers in refrigerator.